Sunday, August 3, 2008

Por Fin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's finally here! It's finally happened! The world can continue on as we know it. Nothing has to end! Why am I so excited? Well, on Friday August 1st, 2008 I got Felicity (my waterski) out of the basement and took her up to Pineview for our first official run of the season. It has been way too long since I waterskied last (Oct of 2007) and I have never gone this long into the summer without it. What was the cause of this great atrocity? That would be PA school going through the summer and living in Pocatello, Id where no one I know has a boat. That was the biggest deciding factor, not having a boat. Fortunately enough school has ended for a few weeks and I have migrated back down to Ogden where there is constant access to a boat and people to go with.
It was seven o'clock on a crisp August morning, the sun hadn't risen over the mountains yet there was plenty of light outside. A cool breeze was blowing as I prepared the boat for our maiden voyage. My buddy Daniel and his wife Hannah arrived and we piled into the Jeep for the short drive up Ogden Canyon. Excitement was in the air as we pulled the boat up the dam and finally caught our first glimpse of the water. The sun had risen over Ogden valley and reflected off the mirror lake. Words cannot express the what was felt as we looked over a smooth, glassy lake calling to be caressed by the body of my fiberglass ski. My buddy and I have launching the boat down to a science and wasted no time getting her onto the water and us out of the port.
The time finally arrived. With my life jacket and gloves on I grabbed the rope handle in one hand and Felicity in the other and we both slid gracefully into the water. The water was perfect! The temperature was that of a cool, lukewarm bath; refreshing but not cold. "Hit it!" I yelled and was immediately pulled out onto heaven. What waited ahead was a glass lake ready to be cut like a hot knife through butter. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my summer vacation! And so, without further ado, I present for your viewing pleasure some select photos and video of what true pleasure is.


I can just tell this is going to be a good three week summer!

5 comments:

Pieces of Us said...

Felicity huh? Can't believe you named your waterski... Haha. How are ya? Check out my blog and see the cutest baby EVER!

HDVB said...

Tyler, Tyler, Tyler...you are too funny! Love the way you told the story of our "maiden voyage" Daniel can't wait to get back out there again! See you soon!

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

Ha ha ha I am so glad that you named your waterski thats so funny i love it!!! Looks like you guys had a great day!!

HDVB said...

I thought naming a waterski was normal? As my Eleanor would tell you, anyone who loves the sport has a ski with a name.
-Daniel.

Tyler said...

For the rest of the readers out there here are the names of all the equipment:

Jeep: La Güera
My Boat: Sway
My Ski: Felicity
My Original Ski: Conny
Daniel's Late Jeep: La Poderosa
Daniel's Boat: Ski Antique
Daniel's Ski: Eleanor
Family Skis: Jackie (Slalom) and Michelle (the double)
Wakeboard: Candice

Each on of the names has meanings and while they cannot be discussed here, they are held sacred to those who named them. It is a necessity to name ones ski if you are to be successful out on the water. You have to be able to talk to her and listen to her talking back. "He's talking to her man!"