Friday, August 8, 2008

Frontrunner

So my cousin is getting married today in Salt Lake and I decided to take the new frontrunner train down instead of driving the Jeep. A oneway ticket down is $5. The Jeep gets about 16-17mph freeway and at $4.10/gallon it only makes sense to ride the train. So here I am right now, sitting on the train and writting this blog on my iPhone and listening to Juanes.
Even though the trip takes a little longer it is nice to just sit back and not have to worry about traffic, gas, driving, etc. It's nice to just take in the scenery. I can see why so many people use this as transportation to their jobs. The trip from Ogden to Salt Lake takes about an hour with eight stops on the way. During that time I've checked emails, read some blogs, worked on a talk for Sunday, played on facebook, and now I'm writting my own blog. Its a time where someone can be productive and get those things done that they would like to do but find it hard to find the time to do them, like read a book etc.
Not only does this allow people some additional "me" time but it also helps our community out as a whole. It takes cars off the freeway, which in turn will help clean up our air. It save gas money, which can then be budgeted towards the boat. It's a cheap form of transportation beween Ogden and Salt Lake for those who aren't priveledged of even owning a car. The train also might give you the chance to meet someone new. At one stop along the way this family got on and sat it the seats across the ails from me. Well the little kid decided that I needed a new friend and sat in my booth. We joked around for a little and then he went back to his family.
So all in all it was a good experience. I'm now sitting at the train station in Salt Lake waiting for my dad so we can catch Trax to temple square. If you have the opportunity I suggest hoping on the train and giving it a whirl.

2 comments:

Daddy Jones said...

The runner is such a good start to solve utah's poor public transportation. Let's hope only more comes.

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

I haven't riddin the frontrunner yet but i think its a great thing my little bro goes to the u and its perfect for him to get a little homework done and save some mula!!