Friday, May 30, 2008

The Great Outdoors

One of the places I love to go is the outdoors. It doesn't matter where it is as long as the scenery is awesome. However, I am partial to the mountains and enjoy spending time hiking or biking along the trails. The beauty and serenity makes the pain (especially on bike) well worth it. Even if I'm not on a trail I do enjoy taking a drive up the mountain and around the different loops. It's a peaceful time to enjoy the natural beauty of this planet. No piece of art, be it painting, photograph, sculpture, music, etc, can ever fully capture the beauty that the natural eye and ear can take in. These things do help us remember and show others our experiences...but nothing compares to actually being there and witnessing it first hand.
Being out in nature is a good time to ponder and reflect on one's life, past, present, and future. It's also a perfect time to give thanks to God and reflect and appreciate his works. We know the science behind how mountains and valleys are formed, but it's still amazing every time I look upon them. I feel grateful every time I'm on the trails to just be able to be there and appreciate them. I'm grateful for the health that I have that allows me to get out there and hit the trails as well. Although I wish I had more time, I am grateful for the little time that I do have to go out and enjoy.
This week I've had off of school and so I've returned to Ogden to be with family and friends. I took some time to go on one of my favorite scenic drives and also hit the trails with some friends. Whenever I go out in nature I always take a camera. Below are just some of the images that I captured while biking or driving.

Wheeler Creek Trail (Snow Basin in backrground)



Wheeler Canyon
The trip is about 2.71 miles from the start to end point. It took less than two hours and we climbed from 4800 ft to around 5700 ft.


No comments: